What do we want to achieve?
- to provide three days nutritionally balanced emergency food-aid for people in crisis identified and referred by front-line voucher distributors
- to work with statutory service providers who will be able to refer people for a maximum of three vouchers (there will be exceptions to this, cases to be negotiated on an individual basis)
- to signpost service users to other agencies appropriate to their needs i.e. Citizens Advice Bureau, housing department, social services, age concern, sure start, probation service, community projects such as The Lighthouse, those working with substance abuse issues.
- to provide a hot drink, preferably a meal as well, and an opportunity to talk with a listening ear in a comfortable setting.
- to be able to ask service users’ permission to pray with them and for them.
Future Aims & Objectives
To provide signposting to appropriate services (via CAB, Stewardship, Credit Action or C.A.P.) to help those people who need it get out of debt.