How Can I Get Help?

If you need help please go to one of the many agencies in our area that are in place to help the general public.

For instance;

if you’re a family with under 5’s the best place for you to access help for your family is your local Children’s Centre (Dudley, Walsall, Sandwell, Wolverhampton) click on a link for area specific information.

If you’re struggling to pay the rent or mortgage; please contact your local housing department.

If you have debt issues, try your local Citizen’s Advice Bureaux or Christians Against Poverty.

Are you getting all the benefits you’re entitled to? found this tool on Martin Lewis’s Money Saving Expert web site.

If you are having problems claiming benefits, your first port of call could be the Job Centre or after claiming your nearest Citizen’s Advice Bureaux.

This is in no way meant to be a definitive list but you could always try the government’s information portal at Directgov.

We hope it is of some help and hope to you.

DON’T FORGET; You’ll need a voucher to access Black Country Foodbank:

you’ll only get one if the project/community group/agency thinks it will help WHILE YOU’RE ENGAGED WITH THEM, trying to solve the problems that led to you needing their help in the first place.

You must have a voucher to be able to receive a food parcel.

Not only will you be able to access help through these agencies but if they think it will help they may issue you with a voucher for the Food Bank.

Please call the main office on 01384 671250 to find out where your nearest voucher holding agency is.






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We feed local people in crisis.